Together we are stronger. The purpose of our association is to bring businesses together as a collective and to advocate for Altona 3018.
This collective gives us a platform to talk and advocate as a group, to discuss ideas, activations and promote our village. AVTA gives you the opportunity to connect to the Altona community network.
Your membership will provide you with access to planned AVTA initiatives including but not limited to:
- Summer Security program (Night shift Security Guard patrolling Pier St/Harrington Square)
- Access to all Social Media marketing – with over 7500 followers, our Facebook page is a great marketing tool to promote your business and our suburb. You are able to provide content for us to push out to our followers.
- Access to ourAltona3018.com.au website with trader resources and business directory.
- Access to our AVTA closed Facebook Group – designed to facilitate local trader discussion and voting poles.
- Opportunity to participate in events, to be represented at events and initiatives as highlighted below:
- Altona Beach Market now in its 14th year
- Networking events, Workshops and Training Courses in conjunction with Hobsons Bay City Council
- Representation in HBCC events including Movies by the Bay, Summer Sounds and Art in Public Places, Hobsons Bay Business Awards.
- Representation in initiatives such as Accessible Beaches, Boomerang Bags, Altona 3018 Beach Patrol , and the Summer Safety Program
- AVTA general meetings are held monthly and are a great way to meet and promote your business to other members, discuss your thoughts and ideas.
- AVTA facilitates “Coffee with AVTA” every Tuesday. The catch ups are held in local venues around Altona and are financed by AVTA. The catch up has no formal agenda and gives traders the opportunity to speak directly with other traders, councillors, HBCC and many other local associations and authorities.
- Our membership fee has been waived until June 2021.